HU w/MD controls??

Participant count
  • Participant list

Halenger

Hi, I have a Sony MDX-65 minidisc changer (got it for $100). I would like to now buy a head unit, so my question is, can I ONLY buy a Sony head unit now? Would a Pioneer, JVC, etc. still operate the minidisc changer?? It seems the majority of people are saying when you buy Sony, you're just buying looks (car audio atleast). I have been really interested in buying the Sony CDX-M620, worse comes to worse I'll get this, but I'd like to know if I do have any other options with brands and if so, what are they. Thanks in advance! John

For a Sony CD-changer you need a Sony deck to operate it properly. You can also use whats called a FM-Modulator which uses a FM channel to brodcast the signal from the changer but this takes away from sound quality. Id imagine MD-changers work the same way.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.