HU upgrades in new cars?

Participant count
  • Participant list

somerset

Apologies in advance for this stupid question, but how does one go about upgrading the sound system in new cars? A quick perusal on Crutch, unless I'm doing something wrong, reveals that the pickings for a compatible 2017 Civic HU are slim to none. Given the fully integrated nature of touchscreens these days, is this a common challenge in upgrading a SS in newer vehicles? My understanding is that when it comes to SQ, you always start with the HU. That's what I did in my '02 Accord--swapped the factory system for an Alpine HU, amp, and speakers. But the difference there, of course, was that I had hundreds options to choose from, and all the available dash kits available (opposed to the 2017), install was cake. On a 2017 Civic, can I get away with simply adding an amp and speakers to the existing HU, or will I simply be amping substandard SQ from the HU? Thanks for any input you can throw my way.

Dude, there are only three limitations in this hobby, space, imagination, and budget. Yes, the newer cars do pose a problem for us. I have decided not to alter my ride, and add a audiocontrol lc2, to keep steering wheel controls, navigation, voice commands etc... Hopefully you can find a suitable option for yours as well.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.