HU install in 99 Chev Blazer - how to?

you have to pull out that whole piece (it should just have clips holding it in all the way around the guage cluster, radio HVAC controls and such). Then there will be two tabs on the side of your factory radio you have to push and then it will just slide out. You will need a dash kit, antenna adaptor and wiring harness for your install (if you want to hardwire PM me and I can give you the wiring colors)

7mm or 9/32" bolts... i think 2 or more on the dash piece under the steerin wheel... remove it... then take the bolt at the top of the cluster out... and maybe 2 attaching the panel to the dash on either side of the steerin wheel... then pull it off... then there's 2 or 3 holdin the radio in

you need to take out that whole piece, it's held in by a bunch of little bolts, let me know if I need to get more specific on where they are
thas what i thought, just take the dash peice out (clips in), dont forget to unplug the head switch light harness, then go from there

Yea, it looks harder than it is....

There are two maybe three bolt/screws under the steering wheel on that lower pannel that come out... Once you do that, start at the top left corner of the dash pannel and slowly but Firmly pull it off/towards you...

Work your way down and across...

Watch out for the switches, but they can all be disconnected at the back before you pull it to far...

Also, you may have to tilt you wheel down if you have tilt and step on the brake and pull the shifter down into 1st... Not a must, but it will make it easier to get off and back on....

Once thats off, lay it somewhere safe...

Then there is just a plastic trim/frame that hold in the Headunit, with like 2-4 lil screws... Take those out, whole headunit and all will come out, disconnect factory wiring harness and radio antannea lead and its out...

Take the headunit out, put the new one in that or the after market install kit and repeat the process in reverse....

Once you've done it once... Its cake and you'll be able to do it will driving down the road...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

hawk45

10+ year member
Tool
hawk45
Cincinnati, Ohio
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date