HU Dead?

Participant count
  • Participant list

masterguns81

USA
OK, so I just installed a new amp and was tweaking the settings when I started to hear interference through the speakers. Supposedly the culprit was behind the HU, maybe a pwr lead too close to a signal wire or something, so I got back there to move some wires around. Didn't help, so I just put the whole console assembly back and went back to tweaking the amp, trying to ignore the annoying interference noise for the time being. It was then, the whole HU went dead. I figured I must have severed the power lead when I was fiddling with things. Sure enough, some of the connections on the wiring harness came loose. I fixed them and tried turning the HU on. Nothing. Frustrated, I removed the entire wiring harness and went through it lead by lead, disconnecting and reconnecting every one. I put the harness back, checked the ground and remote turn on leads, and tried again to power up the HU. Again, nothing. Now I'm irritated, after running around with no amp and thus no tunes for months, I get a new amp installed and my HU goes out. Every wire and lead behind the HU has been accounted for, the fuse looks good. I don't believe any fuses in the car's fuse box(s) could be responsible. Any ideas?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.