HU and hard drive pros and cons

Participant count
  • Participant list

blackbonnie
5,000+ posts

The Revolution
i just got my 800prs in, and i also have the usb adapter for it. i would like to set up a portable hard drive for it.

what are the pros and cons of having a hard drive with your HU, and also how can i power the hard drive, will it be able to just get power from the HU.

btw, i have never dealt with a hard drive in a vehicle or carputer ever so sorry if my questions are a little dumb.

I had the usb adapter for my 800prs, the interface is HORRIBLE, it will only display 8 characters of either the song title, album, etc...The words wont scroll either. It doesnt even tell you the song time or bit rate or anything. I threw that thing on the ground then backed over it with my car.

I would suggest smaller portable hard drives with low power needs. If you go to big your deck might not be able to read it and you will need to externally power it. I have a kenwood head unit with a 40gb hard drive and it works flawlessly. It also worked on a pioneer unit when I had one.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.