HU-AMP-Speakers wiring (newb)

Participant count
  • Participant list

zn7

I have an amp I plan to mount in my trunk. I plan to tap into the head unit's output and run the wires to the trunk to plug it in the amp input.

My question is for the amp output, is it better to run all the amp output wires back to the front where the existing speaker wires are gathered or should I just run the outputs to each speaker individually. What are the pros and cons of each?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

with Speedwire, using the connections behind the dash is the fastest method. wiring to the individual speakers is tedious work - worth it if you replace the speakers since you'll be tearing into the doors anyway. some modern cars have molex plugs at the door jamb so adding new wiring is a PITA.

pros of wiring dedicated to each speaker

- maximum circuit integrity

- minimum circuit resistance

cons

- assload of work

pros of intercepting factory wiring in dash

- easy

cons

- maximum wire resistance

- multiple connection failure points

81OCTlQ8jeL._SL1500_.jpg

speedwire has 9 conductors - the Metra standard colors for 4 speakers plus remote.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.