HT Noob needs your opinion/advice

Participant count
  • Participant list

Darth Audio
10+ year member

Old School Veteran
Dark Side
I have immeresed myself over the last few weeks in researching receivers in anticipation of my tax refund. I'm doing an entry level HT and I've narrowed my search down to a refurbed Denon AVR-1705 or a new Sherwood 8601. I have chose these two because they are both in the same price range (D=$200, S=$240) and they both offer up video conversion from RCA, coax, S-video etc. to component video. So I guess the question is which one? Thanks.

I sport a Denon AVR-3805 and have 0 complaints but I have no idea how the lower models sound. I'm sure they sound fine though. Can't go wrong with Denon any time really.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I'll sell you my kenwood. 5.1, 100Wx5, Pro-Logic I, II, Built in DSP, Aux-in. I'll include a Line-out convertor so you can use a powered sub and some RCA's if your interested. Sorry if its thread jacking but It'd save you $100. PM me if you want pics or if your interested.

Edit: forgot to mention its d@mn near brand new and looks mint...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.