hrrmmm....

Participant count
  • Participant list

-=BD=-gEIGH
10+ year member

In my '94 camry w/ my stock system in there for some reason when I listen to the radio there is a buzz that correlates w/ the rpms of my car (as the engine revs the buzz gets higher pitched). Does anybody know what causes this, how I can fix it, and if it will continue when I get my new kenwood hu? Also...is there any way to improve radio reception? Can I get a better antenna or some type of antenna booster or somethin?

The hmm u here is the alternator, and its actually prolly more of a whine. You can buy a noise canceller for like 5 bucks.

You can buy a seperate aftermarket antenna that gets better reception, another thing is the location of the antenna so keep that in mind.

could be the amplifier (in the deck) is shot, i had that in my old car, the radio just sounded like crap, so i replaced it and never had another problem

could also be the ground

That noise canceller sounds like a good idea. I've also noticed that even when the radio sounds like crap, as soon as I turn the engine off it sounds crystal clear.....so would the canceller fix that too? Also...could somebody hook me up w/ a link to where I could buy one of these or give me a brand/product name or somethin (I looked somewhat but didn't really come up w/ much)

the noise cancelor is in my experience a bad idea. it will just cause more problems and more noise.

Its all in your grounds. If its connected to your factory harness disconnect it and move it to a solid piece of metal. This might also fix your reception if your ground is really bad.

check your antenna for corosion and replace it if you see any. they're cheap anyway, so a new one wouldn't hurt. check where the base connects to the fender.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

-=BD=-gEIGH

10+ year member
-=BD=-gEIGH
Los Angeles, CA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from