HQ Tool Suggestions

audiobaun

CarAudio.com Veteran
Jun 28, 2011
USA
I'm familiar with Morse and I agree, I've never heard of the other 2 but I'll look into them. For now I'll add the entry for Morse.

After doing a little more research on Blu-Mol I'm curious to know if your particular set was made in China or the USA. They somewhat recently moved manufacturing over and so now I have my doubts. Starrett appears to have also moved to China. Sad days for US manufacturing. Morse appears to still be made in Michigan.

Being made in China isn't inherently all bad, most stuff is. But I know a lot of brands struggle to uphold quality when moving overseas. Usually when there's a move it's good to get a reality check on the products coming out to see if they live up to old standards.
Yes, these 3 brands are very good for making and drilling Holes and seem to last. Starrett is my first Choice by far, and I prob have well over 50 of that brand in different sizes and for different use. As long as they keep making them to where I can drill Holes in Schedule 40 Steel piping and use approx. for over 80 holes verses the Lennox that I do at best to get 20-30. Ill still buy these first. Morse Some really good ones as well.Blu-Mol, I have USA Made from several years back that I have a Bulk stock of in the garage as well as all others, have been just as good. Have look see where made. Ive bought the newer versions and still have performed just as well beyond the Milw., Lennox, and Rigid and Dewalts.Milwa.Used to have a warranty on theirs that stated that if the tips became worn that they would replace under warranty with a receipt( that was about 2years ago Last i remember). Have check to see if still applies.

OP
Lasherž

Lasherž

CarAudio.com VIP
Apr 27, 2020
United States
Yes, these 3 brands are very good for making and drilling Holes and seem to last. Starrett is my first Choice by far, and I prob have well over 50 of that brand in different sizes and for different use. As long as they keep making them to where I can drill Holes in Schedule 40 Steel piping and use approx. for over 80 holes verses the Lennox that I do at best to get 20-30. Ill still buy these first. Morse Some really good ones as well.Blu-Mol, I have USA Made from several years back that I have a Bulk stock of in the garage as well as all others, have been just as good. Have look see where made. Ive bought the newer versions and still have performed just as well beyond the Milw., Lennox, and Rigid and Dewalts.Milwa.Used to have a warranty on theirs that stated that if the tips became worn that they would replace under warranty with a receipt( that was about 2years ago Last i remember). Have check to see if still applies.
Good to know, I'll go ahead and add Starrett then if nobody has horror stories to tell on them. Did you say your recent ones were from China? Which brand does that apply to? Also something to keep in mind with all these tools is there's a big difference between "made in china" and "made in the republic of china"

audiobaun

CarAudio.com Veteran
Jun 28, 2011
USA
Good to know, I'll go ahead and add Starrett then if nobody has horror stories to tell on them. Did you say your recent ones were from China? Which brand does that apply to? Also something to keep in mind with all these tools is there's a big difference between "made in china" and "made in the republic of china"
I buy the Yellow ones as these here.Ilike totry and get the New Old stock if I can. Ill buy a Lot or up to 5 at a time if available

Reactions: Lasherž
OP
Lasherž

Lasherž

CarAudio.com VIP
Apr 27, 2020
United States
How do you guys feel about woodworking tabletop tools like miter saws, table saws, spindal sanders etc? I have very limited experience with the brands beyond some staples like Dewalt and Craftsman but I'm in the market for a few once I complete a move.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)

Latest posts

Trending topics