How would I make this? Voltmeter mount

Participant count
  • Participant list
Should be able to make a basic bracket out of sheet metal. Fiberglass would look the best but also takes the most work. I wouldn't use wood, just doesn't look good on a dash, IMO.

Should be able to make a basic bracket out of sheet metal. Fiberglass would look the best but also takes the most work. I wouldn't use wood, just doesn't look good on a dash, IMO.
I want this to look good.

Well do you know how to fiberglass? Based on your questions I'd say that's a bit out of your league at this point...
No I don't know how to fiberglass but I didn't know how to do any of the **** I've done in the past 6 months before I did it... I'm just trying to find a how to of just the basics so I can actually get my feet on the ground....

No I don't know how to fiberglass but I didn't know how to do any of the **** I've done in the past 6 months before I did it... I'm just trying to find a how to of just the basics so I can actually get my feet on the ground....
Well fiberglass is something that's easy to learn but difficult to master. Your first project isn't going to be the prettiest so I'm not sure I'd start with something like this...

Well fiberglass is something that's easy to learn but difficult to master. Your first project isn't going to be the prettiest so I'm not sure I'd start with something like this...
I think I understand the jist of it... make a frame out of wood and then put fabric over it and put resin on it?

There's a hundred build logs with fiberglass dash mods for iPod or gauges. Give it a whirl and learn.
Ok well I researched a little and for what I'm making I just need to make it out of cardboard and then fiberglass it. I just now tried to make the face for it and I failed when I tried to cut out the holes for the voltmeter and clip monitor.................. fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

I think I understand the jist of it... make a frame out of wood and then put fabric over it and put resin on it?
That's what I'm saying, the basic concept is easy but producing a nice smooth finished product can be difficult. If you feel up to it, go ahead and try, it just may not be as 'pretty' as you want...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.