How to wire two batteries, and still have a 12 volt load????

yep thats it right there...

connect the two + terminals together and then the two - terminals together and you get a nice 12volt load

And remember to correctly fuse the + wires any time they could rub against bare metal under the hood...you don't want two potential bombs under there.

And remember to correctly fuse the + wires any time they could rub against bare metal under the hood...you don't want two potential bombs under there.
How is that of correctly fuse the + wires? i have to put a fuse in the cable that goes from the original battery to the 2nd one?

ok guys, so the ground of the 2nd battery is going to be the same of the original battery or I have to have a ground from the second battery too?, one more question, I have to wire my amp in the original battery terminal?

thanks for the fast reply guy, and sorry for the grammar and spelling, it´s been several months i don´t practice english.

just for the record i want to add a 2nd battery because i want to install a 600watts amp in my VW beetle and it just has a 34 amp alt LOL, don´t know what other things i can do to improve the electrical system?

thanks in advance for the help!

How is that of correctly fuse the + wires? i have to put a fuse in the cable that goes from the original battery to the 2nd one?
ok guys, so the ground of the 2nd battery is going to be the same of the original battery or I have to have a ground from the second battery too?, one more question, I have to wire my amp in the original battery terminal?

thanks for the fast reply guy, and sorry for the grammar and spelling, it´s been several months i don´t practice english.

just for the record i want to add a 2nd battery because i want to install a 600watts amp in my VW beetle and it just has a 34 amp alt LOL, don´t know what other things i can do to improve the electrical system?

thanks in advance for the help!
charging a second battery on that thing is just putting a larger load on the alternator. buy a bigger alternator before you do anything else.

This auction is for a brand new never used Multi Battery Isolator for 1 main battery (bank) with 1 Auxiliary Battery (bank) Rating 95 APM 12/24 volt ( for alternators rated up to 95 amps) Model number 952 This is made by SP Sure Power Industries in Tualatin, Oregon USA 97062. Thanks for looking

My alt is just 34 amp...

charging a second battery on that thing is just putting a larger load on the alternator. buy a bigger alternator before you do anything else.

I think is hard to find a bigger alt for a vw beetle (the old ones) and expensive, i know a´bigger alt is the correct choice, but can´t afford one rigth now...

thanks for the suggestions guys, any ideas on the last couples of questions i asked??

This auction is for a brand new never used Multi Battery Isolator for 1 main battery (bank) with 1 Auxiliary Battery (bank) Rating 95 APM 12/24 volt ( for alternators rated up to 95 amps) Model number 952 This is made by SP Sure Power Industries in Tualatin, Oregon USA 97062. Thanks for looking
My alt is just 34 amp...

I think is hard to find a bigger alt for a vw beetle (the old ones) and expensive, i know a´bigger alt is the correct choice, but can´t afford one rigth now...

thanks for the suggestions guys, any ideas on the last couples of questions i asked??

What he's saying is that unless you intend to do all your listening with the engine shut off, adding a second battery will NOT help anything. It will put MORE stress on the alternator.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.