How to wire a car amp to PSU?

Tw1st3d13
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I have a 2000rms car amplifier that I need to run in the house. I wanted to know if a 500-800watt PSU would power it without problems. I would also like to know if there is a better way and if not how would I upgrade the 18awg wire to 8awg?

You are going to need atleast 4 or 5 of those to keep up with the Amprage draw from your amplifier.

honestly its not worth it for an amp that big.

It won't run 2000W on that psu. You can get a portion of that but not 2000W RMS. Do you know how to wire it up? Ground the light green wire. Get another black and I think yellow for 12v.

get a car battery and a battery charger. hook up the amp to the battery and plug the charger in.

I don't think that would produce the consisent voltage that he would require. Now for an outdoor application you can get an old lawnmower and rig it up to an alternator. It would be very loud but that will work.

I don't think that would produce the consisent voltage that he would require. Now for an outdoor application you can get an old lawnmower and rig it up to an alternator. It would be very loud but that will work.
Then there would be no BASS lmao I guess It would be easier to go find a 1000w home stereo thingy lmao

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.