how to uninstall a cdplayer 101. thx everybody that helps

Participant count
  • Participant list

Big-Cat
10+ year member

Jupiter, FL
well i just purchased the cdplayer in my sig. but there is an old panasonic cd player that is hoggin the spot light. how do i take the old one out so i can install the new one. ive unscrewed like 4 screws, taht are directly behind the face plate thats all ive done so far

You will probably have to take off a bit of your dash. The screws you are most likely looking for are on the sides of the CD player holding it into the bracket. The ones on the face plate are probably more holding the CD player to itself. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Unless you have one of those DIN tool removal CD players. Then you'd need a little tool to stick in four holes around the CD player and pull it out like that. Crutchfield has some pretty good info on getting stuff out on their guides to installing. http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/

If you get pics, or want to drive here i can help, w/o a visual its very hard for me to say.

Under the a/c though i believe there are 2 screws, remove those and you should be able to pop out the trim. This will enable you to get to you radio. Like a said get me a pic or two and i can better help you. Or take a drive and i'll help you work on it.

You will probably have to take off a bit of your dash. The screws you are most likely looking for are on the sides of the CD player holding it into the bracket. The ones on the face plate are probably more holding the CD player to itself. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
Honda don't use an ISO-DIN mount, do they?

Unless you have one of those DIN tool removal CD players. Then you'd need a little tool to stick in four holes around the CD player and pull it out like that. Crutchfield has some pretty good info on getting stuff out on their guides to installing. http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/
That is something normally found in a Ford on an OEM unit and I don't think it will apply here either //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

For that car, if its the same as the 99, you have to take off basically all of the dash except the top part. The glove box, the center console, and the part below the steering wheel.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.