How to tune for specific frequency?

Participant count
  • Participants list

MDH69

CarAudio.com Newbie
Kansas
Im wanting to use some Qpower shallow sealed sub boxes ....Manufacturer states they are .51cubic feet.

If i wanted to port them and tune to say 40hz ,what size port diameter and length would i need to get in that area?

You need to know your net airspace and the surface area of the whole port. I would tune lower
It has no ports at all...not sure where to begin with it all...3 inch tube 4 inches long?..2 inch port 3 inches long?..Aside from box dimensions and advertised cubic feet i have no other specs.

It has no ports at all...not sure where to begin with it all...3 inch tube 4 inches long?..2 inch port 3 inches long?..Aside from box dimensions and advertised cubic feet i have no other specs.

If you're going to port a box, you need to build your own from scratch or have someone build it for you. Don't modify a already made sealed box into a ported one, it probably won't be proper airspace at all.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.