How to tell if you are going to get noise..

Participant count
  • Participant list

ladysmanfelpz
10+ year member

Phoenix
Title. Anyway to know?

I plan on keeping my factory HU on my 07 accord due to limited dash kit options. Don't know THD or other specs, but I will hear quite a bit of white noise when playing a clean CD. If I amp this won't that increase the factory noise in the system? How quiet is a factory system? Any way to decrease noise such as better grounding? What about noise isolators, or are they a gimmick and a source of noise? How would an alpine power pack perform on stock HU SQ wise?

Title. Anyway to know?
I plan on keeping my factory HU on my 07 accord due to limited dash kit options. Don't know THD or other specs, but I will hear quite a bit of white noise when playing a clean CD. If I amp this won't that increase the factory noise in the system? How quiet is a factory system? Any way to decrease noise such as better grounding? What about noise isolators, or are they a gimmick and a source of noise? How would an alpine power pack perform on stock HU SQ wise?
I've seen noise isolators work to some degree, but in my opinion the best option while keeping the factory HU is to ground the RCAs the same way people do their Pioneer HUs.

You hook up a Noise-O-Meter which i happen to have. You can have it now for only $20.
BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE. If you call now. ill throw a free volt meter....Shipping and handling applies..

---------- Post added at 07:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------

But really. A quality install will almost guarantee no noise.

How To - Car Stereo - In Pursuit of a Noise-Free System: The Ten Commandments of Noise Prevention

Read through that.
Amazing read, check it out.

If it's anything like my Ford HU there isn't anything you can do about it. It's the unit itself.
My buddies sounds like azz because he kept the factory HU in his Mitsubishi. I always recommend putting in an aftermarket deck, even if it's a cheap one. I'm running a line out right now because I'm too cheap to buy another head unit, and it sounds fine. I am running it in through a 3 way Clarion crossover though.

None of the above is true.

You could have the most nicest items on the block just installed and still get noise. Not only is it how it was installed but also installed correctly and not 1/2 assed.

You might have an amp that will fail on you in less than a month....just never know. Even if a person took proper care and handling of the car audio items, electronics can still fail......w/o reason/warning.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.