How to secure ultra compact sub 10" ,weight 10kgs?

Participant count
  • Participants list

mio
10+ year member

EUROPE
hi all, How to secure ultra compact sub 10" ,weight 10kgs?
audioson apbx 10 is the model to my trunk to my 90s cars,
i cannot drill or make things so things i can do is either velcro or double tape or something, if not can you advice me on something else...
i will do it by my self since shops dont offer and dont do anything like that so i am limited as options...
also my countrie doesnt offer huge variety of options of materials so any ideas will be welcomed, right now sub is located under my rear left side of my accord car, when i drive it moves a lot from left side to the center or right side thats why i want to secure it asap.
Please advice.

Based on your situation, I would recommend the following. Use a spring-loaded curtain rod to secure it.
Purchase the length to meet your need and adjust it to secure your sub. You turn one section to tighten it. They are very inexpensive. A photo of the trunk and sub will help others to offer suggestions. Good luck.

That way my trunk wont be usable...
arent there any normal solution like double tape or something ?

I've tried the double tape and velcro. Didn't work too well, as the sub enclosure weighed too much. Why would a bar make the trunk unuseable? The rod lays flat on the floor and pushes against the subwoofer enclosure. Maybe a photo would help me understand.

A worst-case scenario would be to get some clear caulk and put it between the bottom of the enclosure and the carpet. Maybe in 3 or 4 spots, in case you have to move the sub in the future and need to separate the enclosure from the carpet.

My sub is put into the exposed metal of the car its not into carpet,carped is removed in order to close and open my trunk my car is european old one.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.