How to secure ultra compact sub 10" ,weight 10kgs?

mio

Jun 15, 2013
EUROPE
hi all, How to secure ultra compact sub 10" ,weight 10kgs?
audioson apbx 10 is the model to my trunk to my 90s cars,
i cannot drill or make things so things i can do is either velcro or double tape or something, if not can you advice me on something else...
i will do it by my self since shops dont offer and dont do anything like that so i am limited as options...
also my countrie doesnt offer huge variety of options of materials so any ideas will be welcomed, right now sub is located under my rear left side of my accord car, when i drive it moves a lot from left side to the center or right side thats why i want to secure it asap.
Please advice.

huberoy123

Nov 6, 2013
Delaware
Based on your situation, I would recommend the following. Use a spring-loaded curtain rod to secure it.
Purchase the length to meet your need and adjust it to secure your sub. You turn one section to tighten it. They are very inexpensive. A photo of the trunk and sub will help others to offer suggestions. Good luck.

OP
mio

mio

Jun 15, 2013
EUROPE
That way my trunk wont be usable...
arent there any normal solution like double tape or something ?

huberoy123

Nov 6, 2013
Delaware
I've tried the double tape and velcro. Didn't work too well, as the sub enclosure weighed too much. Why would a bar make the trunk unuseable? The rod lays flat on the floor and pushes against the subwoofer enclosure. Maybe a photo would help me understand.

A worst-case scenario would be to get some clear caulk and put it between the bottom of the enclosure and the carpet. Maybe in 3 or 4 spots, in case you have to move the sub in the future and need to separate the enclosure from the carpet.

OP
mio

mio

Jun 15, 2013
EUROPE
My sub is put into the exposed metal of the car its not into carpet,carped is removed in order to close and open my trunk my car is european old one.

Popwarhomie

10+ year member
Jan 22, 2010
FL
Industrial strength Velcro.

Reactions: shredder2
OP
mio

mio

Jun 15, 2013
EUROPE

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest posts

Newest threads

Latest classifieds