how to save wireing

Participant count
  • Participant list

brafferty

CarAudio.com Elite
idaho
so im about to re run my wires through my 03 outback, and am curious if anyone can give m,e advice so i don't have to run sooo much wire. I will be running 3 pairs of RCA from HU to amps in the back, and 1 REM from the HU to one amp, and a smaller REM from one amp to the other. but what im really concerned about is running these 8 wires for my speakers from the amp to the HU, i was just going to do the usual run from the engine through the side trim and to the back, but that requires a lot of wire, any help or do i just gotta go with it? oh and of coaurse the Power wires for the amp

you dont run rca and speaker wire to amp. pick one or the other.but rca is best.
wait what?! did my "mentor" teach me wrong?! ive never heard that and im a noob still, been buildinjg for me and friends almost a year

What brafferty means is he's running RCAs from the HU to the amps, and then the amplified signal back to behind the headunit, and he's connecting those wires to the factory vehicle harness that is routed to the door speakers. Much easier then running the wires directly to each of the doors, although not as efficient as the factory wires are usually very cheap and thin.

If you want to shorten your runs, only thing I can suggest is do what I did (if its possible in your vehicle), put the speaker amp or amps under your front seats. Then the runs are much much shorter. Makes sense since your signal and power source, as is where you're sending the amplified signal, are all in the front of the vehicle.

so now im confused, do i need to run the speaker wires or no? Ancorp knew what i meant by this and im not sure if i just worded it wrong

if thats what your talking about then ok.

the way you said it was you wanted to run both speaker and rcas TO AMP.

but if your talking from the amp to your speakers then ya

you have to be more clear.

if thats what your talking about then ok.
the way you said it was you wanted to run both speaker and rcas TO AMP.

but if your talking from the amp to your speakers then ya

you have to be more clear.
my bad, i thought it was pretty clear haha

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.