How to properly make a ground!!!!!

Is there a way to test the ground? To make sure that it's operable so you don't have to go back and do it over again when you put everything together.
With a multimer you check resistance/Ohms from potential grounding point to batt neg terminal.

Start by battery neg terminal to battery lug (1"away), then check the other end of the battery neg cable. This should give you the best possible ground, and zero, or maybe .1ohms or less. You can check your engine ground and body grounds. If you are going direct to frame, then see what the best frame ground you can find is first. If you are grounding to body, find your grounding straps in the engine bay, and check both sides. Getting a good baseline of all the factory and best grounds first, will give you a better idea of how well yours is going to be.

I like to sand the area to use as ground then drill a hole and mount a rivet nut. If the sheet metal is super thin you can back it with a washer. To keep the washer from coming off, insert the rivet nut, tape it down, then glue the washer with super glue. Now you can thread the rivet nut onto the rivet tool and done.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...