• Thread starter Unregistered
  • Start date
  • Replies 6
  • Views 1K
    Participant count
  • Participant list
U

Unregistered

Yes I would like to know, where or how did you learn how to hook up systems? I am trying to learn myself, and not sure how to go about it. Like amps, and stereo's and things. Not trying to be an expert just trying to learn how.

thanks.

I learned from a friend who helped me out with my first system. Just the basics of course. I also learned a little bit from trial and error, taking things apart and putting them back together, and I am learning a great deal from this forum. If you are really interested, I would suggest starting with a book. Get an idea of how cars electrical components work, then educate yourself on things like ohms law, voltage, amperes, etc., then you will fully understand how an audio system works, and how to install and "perfect" it. Then you can gather bits and pieces from this forum and talking to your local audio shop. Nobody knows it all, we are all a long ways from even knowing most of everything. Some people you might want to get opinions from are Zane, Ramos, Audiolife, Rangerman, Mykeys, etc.... They seem to be more up to date than I am.

I agree with the last comment. My father taught me a few things about car audio but not much.

I paid a dealer to hook up my system and asked if he'd let me watch. Usually they say no be

cause of some insurance reasons but we all know that it b.s. But he let me watch and since then]

i have never had any problems hooking up my audio and video stuff. Nowadays things are getting a little more sophisticated and complex but its all basically the same. Positive and negative connects, speakers, fuses, and grounds. The only problems i have ever encurred involve luxury cars and foreign high priced cars but other than those, its cake mix!!:p //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

All of the above posts offer good advice, but their is one thing i haven't seen mentioned. The used to be a video series called NAME. It is a set of videos that taught about Ohm's Law, speaker enclosures etc. One of your local shops may have a set they would let you borrow. Also when I first got MECP certified there was a manual/study guide that had a lot of good information in it you might be able to pick up one of these as well.

And btw....it isn't BS when a shop owner asks you to stay clear of his bay for insurance reasons..if you were to be injured he would be held liable for your injuries.

Hope this helps

Well, it may not be b.s. but it shouldn't hurt to let someone stand away from the vehicle out of the way and watch what is being done. I never heard of a person getting hurt watching someone put in a car stereo. Even if they just built a window that u could be able to see into from inside the waiting area that would be better than not seeing anything. Sorta like some car washes have!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Well the insurance part is probably part of the reason, but another reason is because if everyone watched how to do it, then sooner or later they would be out of business, because their customers all learned how to install......from them.

well in my expericnce i learn best by doing....so hands on might be another option.....check around w/ all your friends and see if any of them have any kind of knowldege of strerio and see if they will go over any of it w/ you....good luck

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
MikeofTulsa
all out.jpg

Popwarhomie

Jun 2, 2024