how to increase voltage

The voltage your alt. supplies is controlled by a voltage regulator, and genereally speaking 16V is the highest it will go......and it's not the best idea in the world. If you want more power, focus on getting a bigger amp...

ok.i was planning on using the hifonics bx1500d but i just caught sight of the jbl 1200.1 and it looks sweet.i was really set on the bx1500d but it runs at 14.4v and i dont think the car and alt can supply that so it would run around 13.5.what does the jbl1200.1 run at?and would it be more efficeint than the hifonics for daily and comps?thanks

Oh....I thought you were talking about going above 14.4....but either amp will run fine at whatever voltage you give it, as long as its not ridiculously low. 13.5 will be fine on both amps.

But I'd get the HiFonics....I've heard of some very odd things happening with the JBL...

Oh....I thought you were talking about going above 14.4....but either amp will run fine at whatever voltage you give it, as long as its not ridiculously low. 13.5 will be fine on both amps.
But I'd get the HiFonics....I've heard of some very odd things happening with the JBL...
ok cool,that just reinforces my thoughts of the hifonics.they are both the same price so it dont matter.im gonna hafta go ebay style for the hifo but its cool,iv talked to maxxsonics and they can still gimme a warranty on it.but thanks.

hmm well think about it, it only increases it for a little bit.. and has to be chraged..

so ok, you charge it th enight b4 or whateva, goto the comp, it gives its you now +2 or so voltage jump and you get a higher score...plus it depends on what kind you get...caps or bad for trying to take up for the alt, thats the bad stuff you proly herd, you need a good alt not a good cap...but a cap would increase the voltage.. i saw a rf cap that increased it to 18 or so volts..

hmm well think about it, it only increases it for a little bit.. and has to be chraged..so ok, you charge it th enight b4 or whateva, goto the comp, it gives its you now +2 or so voltage jump and you get a higher score...plus it depends on what kind you get...caps or bad for trying to take up for the alt, thats the bad stuff you proly herd, you need a good alt not a good cap...but a cap would increase the voltage.. i saw a rf cap that increased it to 18 or so volts..
ya,i agree,you do need a good alt instead of good cap to make the actual difference.but dont caps get used up really fast,once the bass hits the cap is used and then its over and it has to charge up right?so by the time the mic registered the db wouldnt the cap need to be recharged again?or am i just confused to a severe degree?18v..thats alot

ok then maybe i'm confused then..

So what does (24 Volt Rated - 28 Volt Surge) mean

i know surge makes it so you can keep ur system playing if you have a volt drop, but what does 24 volt rated mean...

it changes wt the diffrent ones this was from a 5farad cap...the #'s change though from 14-24....And thats not what voltage they put out??? then what is it...

oh...

so why not just get anotha battery and connect it to the amp...

hmm, that would be crazy though 24volts to an amp, would that even work???

oh...so why not just get anotha battery and connect it to the amp...

hmm, that would be crazy though 24volts to an amp, would that even work???
Most car amps wouldnt handle 24 volts without frying the internals.

i was a-thinkin....

what if i managed to mount a second alt....an 18v alt, and had it charging a separate battery that was connected to all my audio ****....id be getting a ridiculous amount of power....that'd be cool...

-pat

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.