How to hook up 2 kenwood amps?? HELP!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

ryguy1607
10+ year member

I recently bought a rockford 15" he2 subwoofer. I have the kenwood 600 watt amp running and I dont get the power to get the sub hitting hard. I bought a 500 watt kenwood amp off ebay the other day which is the same model. How would I hook both of those amps to my rockford sub?

Also I have a rockford 1 farad cap but my lights still dim when the sub hits. Has anybody heard of a deep cell battery that is supposivly have the capacity of 10 caps? I heard that is what they use to run multipule amps at car audio stores with. I was wondering if I should get one? I shure could use some help!

Thanks

Ryan

you want to hook up two amps, each rated at over 500 watts, to a single 12" sub ?

With that much power, my desk with a refrigerator magnet attached to it would get some pretty good throw.

In purely electrical terms, you'd bridge the amps... as for the mechanics of actually doing that, not sure the amps will take it (I mean, bridged can make them run hotter, dual amp bridge might be an inferno).

Isn't that a bit much power for He2s? What is the recommended enclosre for that sub? I think that may have more to do with it than the amount of power you are running.. I am just taking a guess at what your problem may be so bear that in mind. Also unless the sub is dual voice coil running two amps, you are liable to fry the sub and both amps. In all honesty more info from you may help someone to give you better advice.

Godd luck

Mike

I am using 2 amp for my 3 12" HE2's. The only safe way to run two amps to a single DVC sub is to get 2 of the EXACT same amps. The power rating has to be the same as well as the X-overs settings and the gains. Is the 600W and the 500W your talking about the rms power? The 15" HE2 is only rated for 500W rms (250W / VC) 1000W peak. I would stick with the 600W amp (300W / VC) and go with about a 3-3.5 cube ported box tuned to about 30-32Hz. (Sorry, I can't help on the port size.)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.