How to crimp 2 guage wire?

JimJ
5,000+ posts

Tangled Up in Blue
sledgehammer.jpg

I hate crimping wires that size, so I'm partial to set-screw terminals //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Put it in and see how it sounds.

They sell actual crimping tools for jobs like that, but I just beat it with a hammer.

Search the forum, this has been covered before, youll probably find some good ideas.

I did my 1/0 and 2/0 wires with a chisel and small hammer. Insert the wire into the plug, take the chisel and put it in between the crease of the plug and hammer on buddy! when it's curved all the way in, you can simply hammer the sides to "contract" both sides to come together and the plug will never come lose. NEVER!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.