How to connect multiple ground wires?

h4ldol

Not sure if this is off topic, but I haven't been able to find an answer by searching here and the internet. I have a new receiver I want to install in addition to a steering wheel adapter and a backup camera. All need ground wire connections. The receiver connects to the stock car wire harness' ground wire.

Not sure how to ground the other devices (steering wheel control adapter and backup camera). Can I simply "splice" into the car's ground wire so that three ground wires connect to that single ground wire? Or should I just ground each one individually to some metal part/chassis?

Not to revive a dead thread but I figured it's better than creating a new one.

I had a similar situation as the OP and wired three grounds (HU, backup camera and aswc) into the factory wiring harness on my truck ('13 Frontier). The sound I am getting out of my aftermarket HU (JVC KWV20BT) is weaker and has less bass than what I was getting from the stock HU. Any chance that grounding the HU to the factory harness instead of a chassis ground would cause a loss of power from the HU?

Not to revive a dead thread but I figured it's better than creating a new one.
I had a similar situation as the OP and wired three grounds (HU, backup camera and aswc) into the factory wiring harness on my truck ('13 Frontier). The sound I am getting out of my aftermarket HU (JVC KWV20BT) is weaker and has less bass than what I was getting from the stock HU. Any chance that grounding the HU to the factory harness instead of a chassis ground would cause a loss of power from the HU?
You can follow the lead of proper remote starter installations and run a dedicated ground wire to the kick panel. Make a new ground to bare metal. Do not use an existing factory ground like you often find at kick panels. You don't need to run 3 ground wires there, just one 16 awg wire, then tie your grounds together behind the radio.

You can follow the lead of proper remote starter installations and run a dedicated ground wire to the kick panel. Make a new ground to bare metal. Do not use an existing factory ground like you often find at kick panels. You don't need to run 3 ground wires there, just one 16 awg wire, then tie your grounds together behind the radio.
Good idea. Thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.