how to bring the shine back to polished aluminum rims?

Participant count
  • Participant list
oh yes, and if anyone would like to know, the rims are American Racing Snipers (as seen in the picture by my name) and are about a year old this week, I think the amount of salt they use here in winnipeg may have had something to dowith the fact that they look like they are oxidizing

Removing the wheels will make this easier.

First wash them with some dishwashing detergent, as it cuts off all the grease and most of the cleaners you have used in the past.

Use a rag and some Mothers Metal Polish. Mine is in a small red and white tin. Rub it on till the rag turns black, and it will quickly. Then do it again and again. Small areas will work best. This will get the shine back. If you really want them to sparkle, use a dremel and a buffing pad to do it better.

After all that is done, I would recommend some metal polish and sealer. I will get the name of that and be back to let you know.

what about any rust\white crap. my girlfriend just got a new(used) jeep charokeed limited 4x4 (jesus, what is a little tiny 5'3" girl gonna do with a ****ing v8 4.0L??)

and the rims have some white buildup and i think there is rust in some places.

im almost posative there is a texture to the rim on the survace (grooves and such) and some gold stuff

11_1.JPG

thats them there..

i think that gold crap is rusting off too =(

i dont know for sure tho.

reg.......I'm not sure on the white stuff as I can't see it to be sure, but I would think it is oxidation setting in. I would use some fine sandpaper and get it off, then use some of the polish/sealer to seal it up so it does not spread or become worse. Elbo grease is your friend here.

what about any rust\white crap. my girlfriend just got a new(used) jeep charokeed limited 4x4 (jesus, what is a little tiny 5'3" girl gonna do with a ****ing v8 4.0L??)
and the rims have some white buildup and i think there is rust in some places.

im almost posative there is a texture to the rim on the survace (grooves and such) and some gold stuff

11_1.JPG

thats them there..

i think that gold crap is rusting off too =(

i dont know for sure tho.
you go to www.jeepforum.com get helps. THey kno all u need to and want to kno about a jeep.

he dborn, what is the name of the other product that you know of? I'm not a fan of the $100 if I can get the same type of product cheaper

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.