How to amplify 1 500w rms sub

DGr1FF

So I recently bought a JL 12W3v3-4 for my car and am wondering how I should amp it. I'm going to use a mono but what I mean is most of the amps state they run 500w rms at 2 ohms and 300w rms at 4 ohms. Well my 4 ohm sub runs at 500w rms and I don't plan at running it at full power but I'd like to know I'm properly supplying power. I found an off-brand Power Acoustik 1500w peak and 650w rms at 2 ohms and 500w at 4 ohms. It costs the same but it was really difficult to find an amp that did 500w rms at 4 ohms. Is this how I should power my sub because 300w rms I believe would be significantly underpowering it not to mention running my amp at full blast 24/7. Any advice is GREATLY appreciated.

the rms is dependent on how efficient the amp is, are you asking for a recommendation of a 500w @ 4ohms amplifier to run your JL sub?

I think the easier route would be mono and im willing to spend up to 200$
Problem is if you want 500 at 4 ohms that would be 2000 at 1 ohm. You'll have a hard time finding an amp in. That price range not saying that you can't. You just may be looking a while. Or end up with a beat up amp or less quality one

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.