How the Fuc* am i going to do this!!!!!!

whoops. I saw a guy with a dodge ram 1.5 din. He did some cutting and fiberglass work on the hole for it. Made a new trim piece and all with texture on it. Looked awesome and blended perfectly with factory colors. So double din ftw.

Double din is too big, you'll have to make a custom mount as well as cut into your air vents. I was looking into getting a new HU soon, and I was limited by that stupid lip as well.

If you are looking for a screen you could probably custom build a flip-down into your overhead console (if thats your limited in the picture)

i still say cut enough for clearance out of the lip - it will look factory if you do a good job.

You could even just extendthe lip.

___

Make it / \ where the flip out goes, just enough for clearance so you don't block your view?

glassing on dash with bondo is easy as pie.

You could have it looking professional in no more than 3 days TOPS.

Just gonna have to drop come dollaz on;

1.fleece (blankets at wally-world ftl)

2.glass

3.bondo

4.sand paper

5.order matching dash paint from dealer

(6. supports for the fleece if you dont have scrap wood laying around?)

all in all should be way under $100 to make it look good - depending on price of paint - that **** can be pricey!

not mine, but a bunch of people on cardomain move the ac controls to the center console

108060_122_full.jpg

108060_123_full.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.