How NOT to break you windows?

dextermanx

Oregon
I just traded subs with a friend because he said it was too much bass for him.Thinking he was just a pansy, I hooked it up real quick one day, sat it in my back seat (wouldn't fit in the trunk), and started slow.

The dang thing made my windows (when all four and the sunroof were down) start to rattle and the dang thing was only about HALF FLEXING!!!!!

My car is a little old and I was just wondering if there was a way to possibly "break in" my windows so that they can handle the sub. I always see the guys with huge systems and their windows flexing like crazy, but not breaking. WHY???

Thanks for any help you can give. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I don't think you can break in windows. It's normal for a loud system to make windows & body panels flex. What kind of car & what equipment do you own.

I have a 1994 Honda Civic that is basically stock though kept up well.

The sub is an MA Audio Hardkore 15 inch. It is rated at 5,000W RMS and 10,000W MAX (which I find slightly hard to believe) with 4, 1.5 Ohm Voice Coils. It's being powered by a PowerBass ASA 1000.1Dx (2000W Mono-block).

The only reason I ask about "breaking in," is because a friend of mine said that all you do is play your music progressively louder over time and then the windows become a little more flexible. IDK though. :p

Again, thanks for any help.

I have a 1994 Honda Civic that is basically stock though kept up well.
The sub is an MA Audio Hardkore 15 inch. It is rated at 5,000W RMS and 10,000W MAX (which I find slightly hard to believe) with 4, 1.5 Ohm Voice Coils. It's being powered by a PowerBass ASA 1000.1Dx (2000W Mono-block).

The only reason I ask about "breaking in," is because a friend of mine said that all you do is play your music progressively louder over time and then the windows become a little more flexible. IDK though. :p

Again, thanks for any help.
Your friend gave you bogus info and has you looking like a troll.

If you want your stationary windows to flex less(not your windshield), you'd have to remove the glass and reglue the base all the way around and let cure for at least a week with no stress.

If rolling windows move too much, replace the power window assembly or that the least look at the assembly and find out why it cannot hold the glass sturdy.

Windshield- Needs anchored bracing adjacent from the roof at the least. Most people use the floor but your setup.. if the windshield were really flexing that bad, then the windshield's glue joints need replacing as well.

Use fine grit sandpaper on your windows till you knock of 3mm. After that put a lair of phiberglass and bass on. Then replace the halogen fluid in your lights.

The only thing that might be bogus would be the breaking in the windows. The rest are the true specs.
You have nothing to worry about regardless.Never heard of 1k breaking windows.Won't even flex enough to be an issue..lol

Only problem is that it's 10K. The comma and extra zero are intentional. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

---------- Post added at 07:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 AM ----------

Vids of what exactly? The sub working or just the sub itself?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.