How much will big 3 improve my voltage

Participant count
  • Participant list

nate1017

Senior VIP Member
Okay so im seeing 15.1v with radio all the way down. When I crank the volume around 3/4 way up and going under 40mph alt isn't pushing out all the amps so I'm seeing drops off a few certain songs down to as low as 11.5. When I'm going 60+ lowest I've seen is like 12.2-12.3 this in return is running my amp pretty warm fairly fast and these voltage numbers are lower than I would like to see. Now I know the big 3(Installing soon) will help a bit by providing more power to be ran more cleanly improving volts and hopefully not running amp as hot. But realistically how much of a increase in voltage should I be seeing if anyone would be able to give a rough estimate? If u got any questions shoot

Okay so im seeing 15.1v with radio all the way down. When I crank the volume around 3/4 way up and going under 40mph alt isn't pushing out all the amps so I'm seeing drops off a few certain songs down to as low as 11.5. When I'm going 60+ lowest I've seen is like 12.2-12.3 this in return is running my amp pretty warm fairly fast and these voltage numbers are lower than I would like to see. Now I know the big 3(Installing soon) will help a bit by providing more power to be ran more cleanly improving volts and hopefully not running amp as hot. But realistically how much of a increase in voltage should I be seeing if anyone would be able to give a rough estimate? If u got any questions shoot
no one can tell u that ...the big 3 isnt a miracle cure for having.subpar electrical ....as a matter of.fact if.u do nothong.but the big 3 u migjt see worse voltage drop ..it happens to many people ...my suggestion is along.with the big 3 upgrade something else like to a better battery or a second battery or ho alt..what does your system consist of?

dbl post

Like he said, sometimes the big three hurts you on a weak battery, I did the big three on my jeep. before the big 3 i was seeing 13.4-13.6 witch is normal for a jeep. after the big 3 i was seeing 13.0 sometimes even down to 12.7. make sure you either use a better batt or a ho alt with the big three..

what all do you have? wattage of amp or amps, wattage of subs, wiring, and anything else. Also consider your box it could be sufficating your subs. I had that problem when I first got my system and everything dimmed when I hit bass, also because of that problem my amp got hotter because my amp had to put out more power to push the subs.

no one can tell u that ...the big 3 isnt a miracle cure for having.subpar electrical ....as a matter of.fact if.u do nothong.but the big 3 u migjt see worse voltage drop ..it happens to many people ...my suggestion is along.with the big 3 upgrade something else like to a better battery or a second battery or ho alt..what does your system consist of?
System consist of 2 SA 12's 600w RMS, Custom built box 4 cu ft, Sundown SAE 1200 amp, 0 ga Audio Technix amp kit, 14/16 ga speaker wire not sure(gonna change that out for the 12 ga AT wiring soon) and a red top duralast 650 CCA batt under the hood 130 amp stock alt as well

Last edited by a moderator:
System consist of 2 SA 12's 600w RMS, Custom built box 4 cu ft, Sundown SAE 1200 amp, 0 ga Audio Technix amp kit, 14/16 ga speaker wire not sure(gonna change that out for the 12 ga AT wiring soon) and a red top duralast 650 CCA batt under the hood 130 amp stock alt as well
well u should be ok with big 3 and replace that battery with a agm

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.