How much to build a box?

chillin
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Im just curious what people charge to build boxes. I will be building my own or getting one built depending on how much they go for. 3.5 cu about 35hz for a 15. I just want to know a general idea. I am going to call some shops around here (Vancouver, Canada) in the next couple days and see what they charge. Im sure it is way more than in the US but Shipping ***** so.

It cost 28$ at lowes for one sheet of mdf. 5$ for screws.

It will be very cheap to build it yourself, assuming you have basic tools.

Circular saw, jigsaw, and drill, are really all that is needed. Router doesnt hurt either, but you can do without for sub hole cutout.

It cost 28$ at lowes for one sheet of mdf. 5$ for screws.
It will be very cheap to build it yourself, assuming you have basic tools.

Circular saw, jigsaw, and drill, are really all that is needed. Router doesnt hurt either, but you can do without for sub hole cutout.
Plus I'm pretty sure they do cut's for you..

Plus I'm pretty sure they do cut's for you..
dont let them do cuts for you unless it is going to be cut on a precise table saw.

Big mistake I made back then when I built my box, I had the dude at home depot cut all of my measurements by using the upright sliding saw. EVERY panel was off by like half inch but I managed to make it work.

If you can do it yourself then just do it yourself.

I usually charge $100 for a plain box not covered in anything as long as it's not to big. That includes 1 sheet of mdf any bigger and the price goes up.

This box 46"w 33"d 15"h cost him $170

0b495c15.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.