how much Sound Deadening do you think ill need ???

It depends on if you're doing everything, or just some things (doors, floor, walls, roof, ect.) Don't really have a good estimate for a large vehicle though. The only sound deadening I've done is on my car, and its tiny.

I'm guessing you read the thread about the Kolossus deadening. Check out the link for the B-stock. You could always buy a bunch, and sell your extra.

ya i was reading that thread and it got me thinking. i need to plan my install of bigger box. so before i do that i want to strip it out. and ya im doing everything.

floor,, roof,, sides ,, tailgate,, doors firewall,, .

and just seeing if anybody has done a small suv and hopeful a s10 blazer ... lol

and ya was looking at the b-stock not a bad price.

That looks more like a barrier product, not a true "deadener".. Considering they mainly list it for it's thermal properties,that's probably a good bet. It'll block some airborn noise, won't stop rattling sheet metal.. If your on a budget I've found raamat works really well, great price/quality ratio and the price doesn't fluxuate at all.. Plus the foil layer has never cut me, that in itself is a pretty big deal lol.

ya thats what i was thinking. i rather something made for car audio .

at this point im going with one of the two types i have listed as i have read good things about both.

but im leaning towards the q-mat.

and at this point ill just order what i think ill need. if i have extra well good. ill find a place for it..

That looks more like a barrier product, not a true "deadener".. Considering they mainly list it for it's thermal properties,that's probably a good bet. It'll block some airborn noise, won't stop rattling sheet metal.. If your on a budget I've found raamat works really well, great price/quality ratio and the price doesn't fluxuate at all.. Plus the foil layer has never cut me, that in itself is a pretty big deal lol.

wow was just looking at that stuff. dont look to bad and good price. im going to have to thin about this.

thanks for the info..

for my single cab 90 c1500 i bought the dynamat 36 sq ft bulk pack and it did this to the T.
3467q04.jpg

With your truck I'd start with prolly 160 sq ft. Doors will need 12 sq ft. 1 layer each the floor and roof will take the most is double layer the roof tho and sides use the lighter weight deadener like the the stinger road kill. The heavier stuff tends to fall ofc after a while the efx deadener is pretty good as well

depends on how many layers...i would say to get the entire truck i would guess about 100sqft maybe 200sqft if you do double or triple thick on the floors and roof....just a guesstimate...

I would start with one or two packs of the Knu Kolossus. You don't have to cover everything 100%, anything after about 25-50% is diminishing returns although it will still reduce vibrations a little more.

In a test done on DIYMA, Knu Kolossus and SDS outperformed every other deadener

I would start with one or two packs of the Knu Kolossus. You don't have to cover everything 100%, anything after about 25-50% is diminishing returns although it will still reduce vibrations a little more.
In a test done on DIYMA, Knu Kolossus and SDS outperformed every other deadener
even second skin damplifier pro? a buddy of mine put that in the trunk of his corrola and it went from a tin can to a solid wall

That looks more like a barrier product, not a true "deadener"..
From the auction: "ultra-light-weight". It wouldn't be that great as a barrier. It looks to be CCF, so it wouldn't be very effective at absorbing sound, either. Clearly there must be some benefits since they've sold so much of it, but people have said the same about Peel 'n' Seal.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.