how much should i pay for a custom box to be built?

pro rabbit, you still have not given me an estimate yet. you already know what im looking for.

i will send you a PM shortyly. I am working on a few other designs right now and will get you a quote right after that. Do you want a quote with and with out plexi?

Um you need new box I will be home in just a minute and run some quick numbers on that
I'm sure after some math you will find that that port area is rather low and the ports are very "skinny".

naughtyca, what subs are you using?

What amp you using
brz 1700

---------- Post added at 06:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:13 PM ----------

Yea, I would look into having a different setup. I'm sure it sounds decently well now, but would do much better with a different port setup...
Thank you for the suggestion when i get more money I will look into getting a better box

i will send you a PM shortyly. I am working on a few other designs right now and will get you a quote right after that. Do you want a quote with and with out plexi?
both. im am kinda now intrigued with being able to see the woofer inside but again im worried if the plexi will ruin the sound quality. unless you say it doesnt.

also whats the lowest freq i can go with?

both. im am kinda now intrigued with being able to see the woofer inside but again im worried if the plexi will ruin the sound quality. unless you say it doesnt.also whats the lowest freq i can go with?
the sound quality will be the same with or without plexi, as long as the plexi is thick enough not to flex. I am confident with pro-rabbit it will be structurally sound.

the sound quality will be the same with or without plexi, as long as the plexi is thick enough not to flex. I am confident with pro-rabbit it will be structurally sound.
with this small box what would normally be used?

how many inches thick?

also what size thickness is available out there?

with this small box what would normally be used?how many inches thick?

also what size thickness is available out there?
actually, as I understand, Lexan is stiffer than plexi. In Lexan, 1/2" thick should be fine for the small window you intend, In acrylic, or plexiglass, 3/4" material. I am not a builder, I am just going by the few windows and boxes I have seen. If you choose a good builder, they will probably be able to be more specific on this than I.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.