how much should i pay for a custom box to be built?

If the OP does not need my post what did it hurt? it might not be relevant to you but might be relevant to others, for example if somebody can build me a custom box for 2 15"s slot ported $140, bandpass box for an 8" does not require that much material compared to a slot vent ported dual 15s. probably more work needs to be done on bandpass, but at least he can weight it. less material more work etc..
not really, just less room for error, or should I say, tighter tolerances in the design is required.

Materials to build a box are cheap this isn't new experience craftsmanship and labor cost is what you pay for there's a local who builds more boxes than I do monthly however I have seen his boxes and they are trash he charges about $20 less than me and I. Will not budge on my prices a 2-15 slot ported box from me would run $235 plus shipping to start as it would take 2 sheets of wood and lots of my time .

lol...aside from the suggestion of doing the PR design with the sub you wished to use, every suggestion I have made has been towards the most compact bandpass design. The issue is finding the driver(s) suited best for the box design you choose.
i agree with you. im still asking around to see which is best for a bandpass in the size of an 8" incher.

To give you an idea on size, here is a 10" enclosure we did for a client some time ago.
sabandpass.png

yeah thats what i was thinking of. seems like you read my mind. i wanted the look to be like a tube version.

i see some sort of slots in the rear. is it safe to say the more slots the better the sound or am i totally off?

please explain if you could how to make it sound clean. im looking for less of a punch sound but more of bass that carries for the 8 incher? if im even making any sense.

how bad will it hurt the sound if i wanted to add a plexiglass at the front to see the woofer?

I agree and Toby has some great enclosures. While they come pre-loaded they are still great overall. His are designed with efficiency in mind so there is no need for a lot of power in order to have a good level of "loudness".

And for those who don't know..he was the first to use those kind of ports...not other designers/builders who take the credit for it.

Actually with out knowing more about your enclosure and build pictures of the enclosure it is not very relevant at all. Not being rude there, just honest.
Also, a slot port enclosure of any size has no bearing against a BP setup. Again not being rude..just honest.
you are probably right, so OP pm if me if you need more info, but like I said I paid $140 for my sub up port back slot vent for 2 15's //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

you are probably right, so OP pm if me if you need more info, but like I said I paid $140 for my sub up port back slot vent for 2 15's //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif
You should post pics and a video if you are proud. Always nice to see what others are doing these days. (start your own thread though to keep from hijacking this one).

That's also my thought, it looks very small doesn't it? I am careful when i crank it due to that, i did hit 143 on this box

Sorry again OP for hijacking

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.