how much should i charge?

Participant count
  • Participant list

nismboy6986
10+ year member

the **** technician
I talked to a local shop about building boxes for them to make some money on the side and told me that they are interested and just come up with a price list and we would go from there.

I wanted to know where these some good prices to charge since i myself never really brought a box before besides a el cheapo wal-mart one before i learned how to build. The pricing plan i came up with is

Single 10-15 sub sealed, 60 dollars

Single 10-15 sub ported 75 bucks

Dual 10-12 sealed 80 dollars

dual 10-12 ported 100 dollars

Dual 15 sealed 90 dollars

Dual 15 ported 125 dollars

and like a 10-15 dollar surcharge for double baffles.

Would i be overcharging, undercharging or what and if so any suggestions before i bring a proposal since i hate to short change myself nor do i want them to tell me "**** outtahere" by over charging. and the main reason I'm going to deal with them instead of myself is cause they could be a good distribution outlet

there was a shop here that priced similar to that, it was an extra $25 for an extra sub cut-out, i didnt really like the idea. i would base it off of cubic feet/how much wood you use. 1 sheet of MDF i would say $100 for whatever kind of box they want. maybe $110 for ported because of the extra 2 minutes it takes to calculate the port size/length lol.

but if you have unlimited access to glue, staple gun, air compressor, screws, etc.. then maybe a lower price. but the glue and screws can add up quick if you have to go buy them before every build. it usually cost me $50 in supplies (mdf, glue, screws, carpet) for just 1 box. thats why i said $100. it shouldnt take more than 3-4hours to get it completed. hopefully less

3 hours you make $50, thats not too bad for a side job.

I figured it will cost me a bout 35 bucks to build a box excluding double 15's and certain sized double 12 ported enclosures that would need 2 sheets. If we cut the BS is it really that much harder to build a 3 cubic enclosure that a 2 cubic foot one. I factored in buying one or 2 sheets of mdf and you would just about always have some scrap wood left over and we all know sometimes a bigger enclosure is easier just cause its easier to get your tools inside. I could add extra charges for "45'ing out" the box. I'm also just building them raw so i'm not really worried about carpet ect. they can worry about that and of course i'm going to charge more for some geometric monstrosity to fit under some guys extended cab seat .

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.