how much power

blitz25
10+ year member

preacher man
I have a v900hc and it calls for 200 amps of current draw i am still using my factory battery and alt. my alt is 95amp. my amplifier says it can do 3200 rms bridged at one ohm how much of that power do you think im getting right now .half maybe i dought even that. and it gets hot pretty fast is that due to lack of power to it or do you think it needs air acess behind it istead of it being bolted to somthing tight.any help would be great.

um a new alt fast. i doubt ur getting even close to 3200, because of the alt. update to like a 200 atleast better if u get 220 or higher. be well worth it, also a yellow top battery.

Are you having a problem with voltage drop or anything? The amps is only going to draw as much current as it needs, so if voltage is constant and you have no problems like dimming lights or dead batteries, you should be fine. However, upgrading can't hurt, and the Yellow Tops are good batts. They can be found on Ebay for $100 or less.

Well, if you're running it at 1 ohm, it's pretty much gonna get hot no matter what. That is an A/B amp correct?

Heres my nube question: can a HC amp like this Visonik V900HC cause some electrical wiring to melt down? I remember reading about a yr ago about a guy using an Ultra Linear HC amp on a stock system and he claimed he had several wires melt. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif Is something like that possible?

Heres my nube question: can a HC amp like this Visonik V900HC cause some electrical wiring to melt down? I remember reading about a yr ago about a guy using an Ultra Linear HC amp on a stock system and he claimed he had several wires melt. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif Is something like that possible?
Could be possible, but he obviously isn't too smart since he didn't have the wires fused properly...

thanx guys im sending it back i only had it two weeks and im going with two 900xds visonik digital amps im sure ill have better sucess with these yeah it got so hot i think i fried something in the amp. ab hc amps **** other than for burps not for everyday use.

Personally I prefer A/B over D anyday. Or X or T for that matter. There's a lot of real good A/B high current amps on the market, so don't let one bad experience fool ya.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.