how much power for type R's...

Participant count
  • Participant list

mustangowner
10+ year member

still wangin'
Shelby,AL
i have two subs in a ported box (2.75 cubes) tuned to 32 hz. They will be powered by a power acoustic a1800db at 2 ohms. How much power should i give them? dont wanna give em too much power

they are the 04 model so they are only rated at 300 watts rms....

thanks for your help.

I have two subs in a ported box (2.75 cubes) tunedto 32 hz. they will be powered by a power caoustic a1800db at 2 ohms. how much power should i

give them? dont wanna give em to much power

they are the 04 model so they are only rated at 300 watts rms....

thanks for your help.

The amp you have is fine just monitor you gain setting so your subs don't go up in flames.
thanks, but just how much will they handle? 400? 450? 500?

i know the subs are underrated, i just need to know the most i can give them without them goin up in smoke.

thanks guys

if they are the older model of the type R's i would give them there rms rating or dam

close to it. the older models where no where are beefy:eek:

if they are the older model of the type R's i would give them there rms rating or dam
close to it. the older models where no where are beefy:eek:

well, guys, i got the amp in today, and let me tell you...these subs beat hard with this amp.

right now i have a little over 400 goin to each sub...i think they will take it.

i will try and post a vid tomorrow if i have a chance. thanks guys

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.