How much power for these 2 sets?

Participant count
  • Participant list

yotamutt
10+ year member

I'm thinking about picking up a set of pioneer TS-D1720C for the wife's minivan.

How much power will really make these sound nice without too much worry about speaker life.

I'd also like to know the same thing for my ppi 365s. I want to upgrade the amp running those and want to choose the right one. I'm currently only running them on 75rms.

Thanks for any advice

well the ppi's are being ran correctly, you dont want to give them anymore power, there just not an effecient speaker as they dont get loud as others but sound great.
as for the pioneers, id much rather put some

PHOENIX GOLD RSD65CS 6.5" Component Speakers RSD 65CS - eBay (item 130395738928 end time Jun-27-10 16:42:41 PDT)

CL-61A CDT AUDIO CLASSIC 6.5" 2-WAY COMPONENT SPEAKERS - eBay (item 110538584882 end time Jun-25-10 18:18:36 PDT)

I'm surprised you say that about the PPIs. Many people say you should give them much more. I just don't know what would be ideal powere for them.

I think I've even read people running over 200 to them.

Thanks

thanks for the advice mclerico83. i still would like to know anyones advice or experience on powering the pioneers mentioned, in case i decide to go with those.

any other views on if i'm giving the ppi's enough power?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.