How much power am i getting

Participant count
  • Participant list

mutt_hollon
10+ year member

Mutt
Ok...i have a MA Audio HK 1397. it's rated at 1600 watts peak or (400x2 @4 ohm stereo, 700x2 @ 2 ohm Stereo, or 1600x1 Mono @ 4ohm bridged). i am pushing a single 06 L7 12" with it, running at 700x2 with only one channel going to it. I also have a 6F 16V cap.

i was wondering how much power am i really getting out of this amp and also is this the best way to run it. my sub is a dule 4ohm so i have one positive wire going to one +, then i have a wire going from that positive wire to the other + side of my sperker. Same with the - side. One goes from the amp to on side of the -, and from that - to the other side.

Is this right or is there a better way

you'd be better off connecting the coils in series, and running it off the amplifier bridged... 8 ohm total, across two channels, so 4 ohms per channel, and less stress on the amp than how you have it now...

hook up a dmm to the amps channel and play some test tones and see how much you're REALLY getting, that's what i do if i'm bored or just am curious of my amps power output

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.