How much more will my 15's take?

jbang917
10+ year member

Hey everyone, right now I am pushing two Fosgate T2 15's. They are the 2 ohm DVC model. Im pushing about 1200 watt rms to them at 1 ohm. Now Fosgate recommends no more than this for RMS but they just seem way under powered. I built the box... its ported and totals just under 7 cuft interior volume, I run 1/0 to everything with 12 gauge speaker wire and I just feel like I am missing something. I mean dont get me wrong, they sub HARD but I look at the suspension on them and they seem like they got a lot more in them. What do people think? How much more RMS can I go?

i ran 1 each T2 12" dvc 2 ohm at a 1 ohm load off a T40001BD

never had issues

if you can't afford to lose the speaker than 10-15% over rms rating so like 1500 watts without issue for 1 each 3000 watts for 2 each

i ran 1 each T2 12" dvc 2 ohm at a 1 ohm load off a T40001BD
never had issues

if you can't afford to lose the speaker than 10-15% over rms rating so like 1500 watts without issue for 1 each 3000 watts for 2 each

What you mean if I cant afford to lose them? You saying I could probably go more than 1500 watts each but at that point I start running the risk of blowing one up?

i mean that you should always run RMS if you are not in a position to risk blowing the speaker

as you add more than RMS your are increasing the chances that something not good will happen

the woofers are 1000 watts rms , I ran a t40001bd to 1 speaker that is 5 thousand watts to a 1000 watt rms speaker , i had no issues , i also know what i am doing , some one with little experience should not run 5 x factory recommended power

there are a lot of factors

if your box is to large for the speaker than running more than RMS is bad

if your box is smaller than it should be than you can run more than RMS

you need a good electrical system

you need to avoid clipping

you need a box on the small side

with the above 3 things it will help you to run more than RMS with less chance of issues

how much power do you want to run to the 2 woofers

how much net space is your box & tuning frequency

what is your electrical & battery bank

how much power do you want to run to the 2 woofers

how much net space is your box & tuning frequency

what is your electrical & battery bank
Well I want to get as much out of them as possible. Now im not an expert with audio but I got my stuff together and Im fairly knowledgeable about this stuff. What I got going on right now is the two T2 15s, in a ported MDF box that I built. Like I said, its just under 7 cuft interior volume, and I got the system tuned to about 36hz. My electrical is as follows... Big 3, all 1/0 including 1/0 to the amps. Running stock battery and a kinetic 800.

To be honest I feel like my box maybe a little on the small side for the subs but thats just me guessing. What do you think? Should I start with changing up my box size? Im good with having to build a new box if that is where I gotta start.

you say your pushing 1200 watts to each or they share

what amp

what is RF website say on minimum and maximum net space

stock alt?

1/0 awg how many runs from front battery to rear 800 kinetic

are your running factory mids and highs , if no what amp on those

you say your pushing 1200 watts to each or they share
what amp

what is RF website say on minimum and maximum net space
Haha I was trying to avoid saying what amp... Im pushing two t2's with two power acoustik BAMF-2000/D 2000 watt amps. They are rated for 1200 RMS at 1ohm. I know they aint the Sh*t but they are some decent amps. Im sure they have something to do with my feeling underpowered but I know I could go with more power from nicer amps. Just trying to figure out how much you know. But long story short... 1200 to each... 2400 total.

I think fosgate recommends 2.75 minimum ported to 3.75 max ported. So I am at roughly 3.25 per sub.

stock alt?

1/0 awg how many runs from front battery to rear 800 kinetic

are your running factory mids and highs , if no what amp on those
Yea stock alt... money not an issue so I dont mind going bigger and better.

My batts are both in the rear (dodge magnum... stock is already in the rear). What do you mean by how many runs from stock the kinetic? Like how many 1/0 wires?

Right now factory mids and highs. That is a project in the works on my build. Im fiberglassing door panels currently and then I will get to work on the mids highs.

what is your budget to get these drivers louder?

so your box is on the smaller side of RF specs which is gonna be okay because you wanns add more than RMS

as long as you don't go under 30 hertz on full tilt

you can get a larger amp get a saz 3.5K and a HO alt and 1 more 800 kinetic or a saz 3K which would really be perfect

i prefer sundown but that is your call

and you will have more power so less likely to clip

what is your budget to get these drivers louder?
so your box is on the smaller side of RF specs which is gonna be okay because you wanns add more than RMS

as long as you don't go under 30 hertz on full tilt

you can get a larger amp get a saz 3.5K and a HO alt and 1 more 800 kinetic or a saz 3K which would really be perfect

i prefer sundown but that is your call

and you will have more power so less likely to clip
Budget aint really an issue. Im trying to go big ballin on this build cause Im trying to get this Mag of mine show worthy you know what I mean. I was thinking about going with fosgate amps on this build cause im really trying to do and all RF system. But you think something like 3500 would be about it huh? You know, I was thinking about something else... would it do anything for me to go two seperate amps for each sub. In other words drive each VC on its own amp. Does this have any benefit? I have seen and heard some peoples doing set ups like this.

Hey good convo and feedback 350... preciate the input.

those are pretty good subs...
Thanks for that. Right now in their current setup they beat down the block. They have been more than I ever thought they would be.

put a saz 1500 on each driver
or a saz 2000 on each

more than that and you really need to be careful
2000 on each driver sounds REDICULOUS! RF must really underate these things... 1500 watts to each vc sounds like alot too but it also sounds like what I am looking to do.

they don't want to warranty drivers

1 each 1500 on each driver if your using a sundown will be way more power than your seeing now

they are dual 2's , run a 1 ohm load on each you'll see 1600 watts x 1 @ 1 ohm off 14 volts maybe more

better have 2 each 800 kinetics, and replace your factory batt with the largest kinetic that will fit in your tray, and make 2 1/0 awg runs from your alt to your factory battery

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.