How much Fn bad luck can 1 person have

magnumsrt8215
10+ year member

So my pioneer avic n1 finally comes back from being repaired, it only took a month, i take the car to the shop so they can put it back in cuz i dont want no bs saying i did something wrong right and they call me and my steering wheel controls all of a sudden dont work (not what i sent it in for) and they ask if i mind i say yeah i mind cuz i paid 250 3 years ago for the peice to still be able to use the controls. So i tell them send the radio back i dont care if i am paying for the radio to be fixed i want erverything working just like it was.

So all the wires for the harness were ran so all i would have to do when it came back was just plug it in simple enough right? Well i am going out of town on sunday and its too long to drive without a radio so i call and ask since they're not sending radio back out until next tuesday can i take the radio PLUG it in and use it for the weekend and drop it off monday? They said yes so i get off work go to the shop and pick my hu up. I paid for the repair and for the install even though the job wasnt complete, it cost me 400.

I go home pull the car out of the garage take the dash apart and PLUG the harness in turn the key to make sure it work before i totally put it in and guess what? IT DONT COME ON. WTF am i missing here? i have put in plenty of radio's but this was the easiest just plug it in and it dont even work. For the other post that says done with pioneer i am really done with pioneer.

Am i missing something? Is there somthing special about this hu that i dont know about? Sorry for the lenght but i wanted to make sure i got everything in here

Use a DMM, start seeing where you have voltage and where you don't //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

btw the steering wheel control module have to be programmed to work...when the deck was out it was probably left un hooked and lost memory.......so all it needed was to be re programmed to work when you got your deck back ...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Most likely the shop was trying to scam you out of more money //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/greedy.gif.5a53e6246569d7ab79867170f3b06629.gif ....or didn't know what the hell they were doing.....

yeah that ***** about your g.prix but thats no reason to tell someone to stfu im mean really thats what they got INSURANCE for so dont worry be happy.. Take the stuff out and get the car fix or get a new 1 period.

did you make sure to hook it up to the brain? it wont power on without the brain getting power as well.

dude stfu my 06 grand prix just got slammed by a ole lady with my system in there.. fix ur sh!t or dont buy sh!t aka pioneer =)
I hope like hell if it got towed your system isn't still in the car....f so...some crack head gonna be smoking some good ****...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Everything was done they just didnt put it in (plug it in) but all thewiring was ran. I just needed it for the weekend and then its going back to be shipped out again, but they said it came on i never saw it though. It cost 325 for the radio to be repaired in the beginning and it has a 1 year warranty the rest of the money was the instsall and TAXES.

So my pioneer avic n1 finally comes back from being repaired, it only took a month, i take the car to the shop so they can put it back in cuz i dont want no bs saying i did something wrong right and they call me and my steering wheel controls all of a sudden dont work (not what i sent it in for) and they ask if i mind i say yeah i mind cuz i paid 250 3 years ago for the peice to still be able to use the controls. So i tell them send the radio back i dont care if i am paying for the radio to be fixed i want erverything working just like it was.
So all the wires for the harness were ran so all i would have to do when it came back was just plug it in simple enough right? Well i am going out of town on sunday and its too long to drive without a radio so i call and ask since they're not sending radio back out until next tuesday can i take the radio PLUG it in and use it for the weekend and drop it off monday? They said yes so i get off work go to the shop and pick my hu up. I paid for the repair and for the install even though the job wasnt complete, it cost me 400.

I go home pull the car out of the garage take the dash apart and PLUG the harness in turn the key to make sure it work before i totally put it in and guess what? IT DONT COME ON. WTF am i missing here? i have put in plenty of radio's but this was the easiest just plug it in and it dont even work. For the other post that says done with pioneer i am really done with pioneer.

Am i missing something? Is there somthing special about this hu that i dont know about? Sorry for the lenght but i wanted to make sure i got everything in here
just because it fits doesnt mean that the pin-outs are the same.....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.