how much does sound deadening help?

as the title asks lol im very curiosu now as i went and dropped my girl friend off at work and she said that as i pulled away my car looked and sounded like it was falling apart LOL does dynamat actually help with vibrations?
yes it does sir

i have 2 kicker cvr's 12" and amemphis pr 1000.1 amp in a 4.3 cube box at 32hz and i feel like im loosing alot of spl due to vibration. and in terms of right what do you mean?

It helped with the vibrations for sure.

Didnt help my midbass at all though. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

It helped with the vibrations for sure.
Didnt help my midbass at all though. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
x2 kind of..

it defently seemed to help the midbass sound clearer cause not as much road noise gets into my car.. but it didnt add DBZ, but right now i only mostly did the outside part (inside) of my door...but i still have to seal up that giant hole (which im gonna do after it snows)

after doing some testing with an RTA and only a 3 inch speaker.. a gap of less than 1mm around the surround killed almost all response from 600hz down.. sealing up that gap made a world of difference... not only did it drastically improve 600hz and down it made, everything above alot less peaky, so im gonna try to seal up the door (within reason) as much as possible before coming to any final conclusions

the best bang for the buck deadener is going to be damplifier (posted above), or raamat BXT (raamaudio.com)

I use raamat and ensolite over the raamat, and love it. However, ive only heard good things about damplifier as well.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.