How much can a HDS315 take??

Properly set the gains and you should be fine. By properly I mean using a dmm or a oscope to set them. Search setting amplifier gains with a dmm using this,sites search engine. Using a oscope is much better and the preferred method.

If you get the 2500 amp and just crank the gain and slam on it all day it's going to cook the sub.

If you have a way to properly set the gain and not go way over rated power then you should be good.

that ppi will only give you 1200-1500w RMS after rise, the hds300 can take that all day UNCLIPPED.

I'm putting a taramps HD3000 on mine and I'm sure it'll take it without any problems.

that ppi will only give you 1200-1500w RMS after rise, the hds300 can take that all day UNCLIPPED.
I'm putting a taramps HD3000 on mine and I'm sure it'll take it without any problems.
Okay thanks, im kind of a newb, what do you mean by "after rise"?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Interesting. I had no idea rise could generate impedance in the double digits. So If my amplifier is bench tested at 2k watts at 2 ohm and I'm feeding proper electrical to a 2 ohm voice coil I could actually be reduced to as little as just a few hundred watts at some or many frequencies?

Interesting. I had no idea rise could generate impedance in the double digits. So If my amplifier is bench tested at 2k watts at 2 ohm and I'm feeding proper electrical to a 2 ohm voice coil I could actually be reduced to as little as just a few hundred watts at some or many frequencies?
exactly, the numbers that dont necessarily reach that high though. the accuracy of the meter in real time is likely pretty off. most good manufacturers will plot an impedence curve for their woofers which gives a better idea but doesnt account for the enclosure.

best way to know for sure is a sine wave at a set frequency

its gonna be different at every impedance. Thats why when i clamped my DC, i had to clamp it from 30hz to 50hz, ohm loads were different and actual power output was a lot different and I had to graph it out. On music you are barely getting any power to your sub compared to what you originally thought you were getting. Thats why those amplifier dyno dynamic RMS test runs are idiotic, you get way less power on music, not more power then you would vs a pure 0 db sine wave on the certified tests..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.