how hard is it to install a car alarm yourself?

Participant count
  • Participant list
What car? Do you have any experience doing anything like this? If the answer is no it would serve you well to have a reputable shop do it for you. I would be happy to point you in the direction of one that is close to you if you like.

Thats an easy vehicle as far as security goes but your local installer will have a good knowledge on how to properly install this system so that it is stealth and secure. The install will require you to locate the door trigger wires lock and unlock wires, anything you which to trigger with the alarm if you have trunk pop or if you want to trigger your rear defroster. The hardest part about security installation is organization of the wires and knowing what wires you will need and not need.

I got into remote starters just last winter. It's not the same as an alarm installation, but there is some overlap. I do not recommend you attempt this job yourself. There is a risk when you tap onto sensitive module wiring that you could cause very expensive and crippling damage. This kind of wiring is not fun and you do not want to become the alarm guy in your family or your circle of friends.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.