how does this look

If you don't plan on throwing more power at the sub at a later date then you will be fine without any of the options.

Like many others said, ditch the LOC, and get a headunit installed at the same time as the subs and amp. Run two sets of rcas, (one for sub amp, one for 2/4 channel) that way when you DO upgrade your interior speakers you will have RCAs already ran and wont have to open the dash up again. Also, please PLEASE upgrade your headunit when putting in the subs, your sound quality will improve drastically, even from your stock interior speakers, but primarily the subwoofers. I think its worth it to wait and save the money so you can have that headunit in with the subs. You can probably find a good used headunit for around a 100, or a brand new one for around 200.

edit= dont forget to run your rcas on the opposite side of the power line!!! alternator whine is a drag!

seaford in nassau. how about you. also i think im gana get the sub without any options cause if i upgrade it will be bigger and better
I live out in Eastern long island...shirley to be exact. PM if you need help with anything.

looks like ill be looking for a used alpine hu while im at it lol. not sure what you mean by run the rcas on the opposite side of the power though? care to elaborate?
he means to run your power wire for your amps down one side of your car and the RCA's on the other side as in one on drivers and the other on passanger side

Don't worry about upgradin the deck if it's only temp. You will lose some sound quality but it's not gonna sound terrible.

Your sub and amp combo is a good setup too. U don't need to get any of the options if u don't plan to give it anymore

FYI u don't need to run the rcas on the opposite side. Withe the shielding in nice wires today you shouldn't have any issues or whine.

One thing u need to do is build a ported box. You'll have nice output and I think youll like it better

something to look into is the ported box. i really think for now though im gana have to just tap into the rear and not do the hu. the wires are all back there and it will just be so easy. then i can save up for a nice DD hu and a comp set up and be all set. and im still debating sealed vs ported. iv heard the sub in vids and i seem to like sealed better but im not sure. i still dont understand really what each one does besides one has a hole and one doesent

i have a ssd and its sound pretty good in the ported box.

seal is gonna give u more range of bass, will sound better.

ported gives u a smaller range, but def more output.

if ur looking to be loud go ported.

if ur looking to sound good sealed.

im not really going for loud i want it to be accurate and persis so i think sealed is the way to go after reading all those articles. seems that this sub will be loud enough for me even if it is sealed. seems like a small sealed box is the best for me. anyone eles care to chime in

edit also is the copper coil a worth it upgrade. at 5 dollars it seems like i should just tack it on just to get it.

You mine as well install the subs and headunit simultaneously. If you install the subs first w/o a headunit, you'll need to use a line out converter that will then later just be removed once you do the hu.QUOTE]
Don't worry about upgradin the deck if it's only temp. You will lose some sound quality but it's not gonna sound terrible.

What first guy said..........^^^^^^

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.