How does kicker do it??

thai_creeper
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I understand that kicker subs(talking about square L5/L7's) are known to not have the best sq, but how are they able to win sq competitions?? To my "car audio" knowledge(which is limited), the main way I know how to get the most sq from most subs is to either port and tune real low, or to use a sealed enclosure to specs. I'll buy that even though these subs aren't the best at sq they can have the right installation to have good sq, but enough to win at competitions? What are the other people running, what kind of install are the kicker people running to have such good sq to win?

yea, they dont have bad sq. they can sound awesome in the rite box. i love the way mine sound. its juss people listen to em in small shop prefabs and they go around screaming the **** in sq. like lot of people on this board. if they actually own the sub and used it properly, they would think diff.

95% install 5% product.Answer your question? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
haha almost //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif , I won't be upgrading my sub for a while, so I'm keeping my L5 for a while, just wondering how to get the most out of it. Upgrading the amp soon so power shouldn't be a factor, im guessing put it in one of the kicker recommended sealed boxes?

1) any suggestions on which one to go with between the kicker recommended sealed sizes?

2) any other factors about getting the most sq outta the L5? My other guess would be having adequete power but I should be fine with that.. anything else?

Thanks for the responses so far though

maybe there is something wrong with my ears, but going from my 18MT to a temporary 10' L5 in kicker sealed box i didnt really notice a difference, all i listen to is rap though so that could be the problem

maybe there is something wrong with my ears, but going from my 18MT to a temporary 10' L5 in kicker sealed box i didnt really notice a difference, all i listen to is rap though so that could be the problem
lol that boosts my L5's self esteem, L5 = //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/blush.gif.99bc659ee2012b7d826165e26fb5eebe.gif

a difference in what sq or spl? its prolly cause your deaf from the mt. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

I don't have any complaints with my L7's. Install, Install and install. Makes a world of diffrence. And I don't listen to rap. I have them sounding better right now than when I had my Type X's.

I don't have any complaints with my L7's. Install, Install and install. Makes a world of diffrence. And I don't listen to rap. I have them sounding better right now than when I had my Type X's.
Yeah that's what everyone's saying, just wanted some answers to my questions, all I know about that is sealed = most sq, ported = most spl (possibly good sq if tuned low), any other factors I'm missing?

im sorry, but the L5's/L7's sound like ass.
lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.