How do you tell if you damaged a driver?

Participant count
  • Participant list
you'll hear it, if you push on the cone and it scratches its bad

small drivers like that will not handle any clipping or overpowering for long, if at all

As wew lad said, and do the simple battery test too which is free.

My question is how do you know the smell came from a 6.5" speaker? Not the sub or amp.

I would not press the cone, mids don't have high gap tolerance so any pressure off dead center will cause you to hear some type of rubbing noise. Pull the mid(s) out put them on a multimeter see what they are reading at and play it free air on mid power level and see if you can hear any rubbing noise.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.