How do you go all out?

Well as far as i see it. I can either get the HSK XL 2 ways or for the SAME price i could get the hsk 163 3 ways. Its a $100 different between the standard HSK and the XL version. All for a "more accurate tweeter". As far as im concerned. i might as well get awhole nother driver for the same price.
sure i need a better processor than the 80prs to run it all. $$$..bleh

Many people on DIYMA say go 3 way active plus sub. Seems thats where the super high fidelity comes from. Dedicated drivers. I also dont like having half my midrange being played so far off axis in a door in a 2 way system
There was a HAT Legation set on sale, would've been sweet.

Use the stock crossover if neede. Out of all the things the ms-8 can do, crossover is probably the least important. That also being said, unless you listen to alot of acoustic live stuff, you could also skip the rear channels. The out of mix rear fill really only helps on that kind of stuff in my experience and often straight fails on elecronic and rap, as most of the out of phase stuff goes way out of phase and simply makes the rears really loud for a few seconds lol.

Use the stock crossover if neede. Out of all the things the ms-8 can do, crossover is probably the least important. That also being said, unless you listen to alot of acoustic live stuff, you could also skip the rear channels. The out of mix rear fill really only helps on that kind of stuff in my experience and often straight fails on elecronic and rap, as most of the out of phase stuff goes way out of phase and simply makes the rears really loud for a few seconds lol.
Nope. The only things that fall on the face is a bad recording be it any kind of music. Most rap ***** anyway.

10 channel Helix DSP Pro would work, no?

front tweeters (1-2), mids (3-4), front midbass (5-6), rear fill midbass + passive crossover to tweeters (7-8), mono center (9), mono sub(10)

I just bought one with this setup in mind. Unlikely to ever use the center dash though.

Nobody is mentioning what music recordings they're trying to use that are recorded in 7.1 surround. If you're just trying to take something recorded in STEREO and "process" it into 8 channels it will just add a lot of acoustic clutter and problems.

There are some 5.1 surround in-dash DVD players out there though.

I would argue there is no sense at all in pursuing a multichannel system if you're not going to use a DSP that properly expands 2 channel sources to 5.1(or greater) surround. In the car audio realm today that's just JBL MS-8 or the Alpine PXA-H700, H701 or H800 processors.

Nobody is mentioning what music recordings they're trying to use that are recorded in 7.1 surround. If you're just trying to take something recorded in STEREO and "process" it into 8 channels it will just add a lot of acoustic clutter and problems.
There are some 5.1 surround in-dash DVD players out there though.
You must have never tried it

I have a lot of live music dvd's and they sound much better since I'm running the ms8. That is about the only time the rears are doing anything noticeable.

I am really afraid to hear a seriously setup SQ ride. Right now my **** sounds the best it has ever sounded and if I were to hear some seriously ****** SQ I'm sure I'd be all pissed off again and trying to figure out how to waste more money.

By the way, I finally broke down and ran my tweets strait active. Best thing I could have done, so far anyways. They sound incredible, much better than with the OEM passive in the way. There really isn't much of a pop during shutdown, not enough to hurt anything anyways. I'm sure its that old A/D/S I'm running. It will have to do for now until I can afford something better for mids/highs.

I have a lot of live music dvd's and they sound much better since I'm running the ms8. That is about the only time the rears are doing anything noticeable.
I am really afraid to hear a seriously setup SQ ride. Right now my **** sounds the best it has ever sounded and if I were to hear some seriously ****** SQ I'm sure I'd be all pissed off again and trying to figure out how to waste more money.

By the way, I finally broke down and ran my tweets strait active. Best thing I could have done, so far anyways. They sound incredible, much better than with the OEM passive in the way. There really isn't much of a pop during shutdown(thats really not a good thing. Means you have a bad ground. DC pops can destroy tweeters., not enough to hurt anything anyways. I'm sure its that old A/D/S I'm running. It will have to do for now until I can afford something better for mids/highs.
hm

thats really not a good thing. Means you have a bad ground. DC pops can destroy tweeters

Already handled. I isolated the tweeters with a dpdt relay so they don't get the pop on shut down. The relay coil is de-energized by the remote from the headunit and I have the ms8 set for a 5 sec delay for the amp on shutdown. It didn't start until I put the ADS in. Grounds are fine. Ive been over all the wiring. Its almost a 30 year old amp. SQ is excellent so I'll live with it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

The Camry

Hey, I Try.
The Camry
Western Oregon
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from