How do you become a dealer?

phatcat600
10+ year member

yeah my name is stupid
I know the big audio companies are really picky and require you have a dedicated audio store. What about the companies that sell through the internet and people like djdilliodon who sell through forums? Do they have actual shops?

Just curious

I know the big audio companies are really picky and require you have a dedicated audio store. What about the companies that sell through the internet and people like djdilliodon who sell through forums? Do they have actual shops?
Just curious
to become a dealer mate you need money and somwhere to store stock also you need to show a buisness plan to said comany for monthly tagets and make them each month otherwise you have to buy heaps of stuff and sell on the net and hope they dont get ya for copyright its actually pretty hard before you can even buy gear you have to buy a sample order which can be about 5-10 grand then you have to deal with tax and shipping even overseas dutys if your buy ing from outside your home country also customs law make some payments nessary if you wanna make money buy some good gear cheap as poss and sell thru the net always a winner but donet expect it to happen overnight unless you get pellets of DLS and the like for 50bucks or sumthin silly

Audio Master

Nice punctuation haha

What do you mean buy cheap gear and sell it through the net, what do you mean? Like funky pups? or like that ebay junk like pyle and no-name brands?

to become a dealer mate you need money and somwhere to store stock also you need to show a buisness plan to said comany for monthly tagets and make them each month otherwise you have to buy heaps of stuff and sell on the net and hope they dont get ya for copyright its actually pretty hard before you can even buy gear you have to buy a sample order which can be about 5-10 grand then you have to deal with tax and shipping even overseas dutys if your buy ing from outside your home country also customs law make some payments nessary if you wanna make money buy some good gear cheap as poss and sell thru the net always a winner but donet expect it to happen overnight unless you get pellets of DLS and the like for 50bucks or sumthin sillyAudio Master
WAY OFF (except for meeting sales targets and even that's not always the case) //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Hey I was just messin about the punctuation, I said haha. I know he wasnt offended because he didnt just mess up, he left it off completely

WAY OFF (except for meeting sales targets and even that's not always the case) //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
How am I way off mte are you are dealer have you had to go thru the process like sample order sale targets contrascts or are you just a play dealer from home with four amps and six subs a fe paris of spekers you see I am a distributor for STEG Steg australia to be exact and I had to get permission to use the name sign contarcts meet sales tagets and i doo on average paperwork on the puter for about 4 hours a day emails alone take 2hours so if you have constructive advice for the op then give it otherwise just read and dont post crap

ps im not offended by the punctuation sometimes i remember sometimes i dont this time i dont any way to the op if you really wanna do it research the companie and find out from retailers how there experiences have been and if you still want to go for it m8 its hard work but its worth it

audio master

STEG AUSTRALIA

CRAZEDCAT TALK TO ME WHEN YOU ARE A DEALER OR A DISTBUTOR OF ANY MAJOUR BRAND

AND YES i MEANT CHEAP STUF LIKE NONAME AND ROCKWOOD PYLE ETC ON THE BAY

OHH SORRY I MISREAD POST AS FAR AS CHEAP WENT i MEAN SOME REALLY GOOD STUFF THAT FELL OF THE BACK OF A TRUCK OR NEW OLD STOCK THATS POPULAR THE OLD hcca ORIAN OR THINGS LIKE THAT IF YOU CAN GET IT CHEAP ENOUGH THEN YOU CAN SELL FOR DECENT PROFIT OVER THE NET AS A RESELLER NOT A DEALER ITS A KINDA LOOPHOLE BUT A DEALER AND DISTRIBUTOR INVOLVES CONTRACTS AND COMMITMENTS THAT CAN BE AHRD TO MEET EVERYMONTH opps i just wrote that in caps soryy bout that

How am I way off mte are you are dealer have you had to go thru the process like sample order sale targets contrascts or are you just a play dealer from home with four amps and six subs a fe paris of spekers you see I am a distributor for STEG Steg australia to be exact and I had to get permission to use the name sign contarcts meet sales tagets and i doo on average paperwork on the puter for about 4 hours a day emails alone take 2hours so if you have constructive advice for the op then give it otherwise just read and dont post crap

ps im not offended by the punctuation sometimes i remember sometimes i dont this time i dont any way to the op if you really wanna do it research the companie and find out from retailers how there experiences have been and if you still want to go for it m8 its hard work but its worth it

audio master

STEG AUSTRALIA

CRAZEDCAT TALK TO ME WHEN YOU ARE A DEALER OR A DISTBUTOR OF ANY MAJOUR BRAND

AND YES i MEANT CHEAP STUF LIKE NONAME AND ROCKWOOD PYLE ETC ON THE BAY

I'm a dealer for a few major brands, and most have a small annual buy in to maintain your wholesale account. You need a business license and a sales tax ID some require a federal ein. Which are all relatively easy to obtain for a few bucks. I'm even seeing some companies ease off the restrictions some. The market is so diverse now most companies are happy to supply a brick and morter small company. Sadly The internet is slowly killing the retailers 😔

really.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

phatcat600

10+ year member
yeah my name is stupid
phatcat600
Dowagiac, MI
Start date
Participants
Who Replied