how do u wire an amp to a stock HU?

Participant count
  • Participant list
i am assuming that there are no rca outs on the HU. if your amp has a high-level input you can connect it via the speaker wires by splicing the rear left and right channels and sharing the signal with the amp high-level input. if you dont have the high-level inputs on your amp then you will need a "line-out converter" in which case there will be more detailed instructions with the converter. as for the remote wire, if you HU does not have a remote out or a power antenna lead (which may turn off with the radio anyway... meaning no amp for listening to cd's) just connect to the fuse box to a fuse that is controlled by the ignition (i.e., radio, accessories, etc.)

yo maylar... i hate that too... if i had known he posted more than once i probably would'nt have answered. i usually think to myself, "what an impatient ****" and then skip to the next thread. lol

Originally posted by maylar You really didn't have to ask the same question in 3 forums.
maylar, my sincere apologies, my friend was very anxious to connect his amp to his H/U very early in the morning (2:30 if i remember) and we were in dire need for an answer. i usually though amp gurus stuck to their forum so on and so forth. my recent behavior mightve been from the excessive consumption of paint chips and an acetone replenisher, once again, my sincere apology. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.