how do jl audio amps work

since the sub is 4ohm and the amp is 4 ohm

plug the (-) to the (-) and the (+) to the (+)\

be sure to turn the gain down a little as not to blow the sub

since the sub is 4ohm and the amp is 4 ohmplug the (-) to the (-) and the (+) to the (+)\

be sure to turn the gain down a little as not to blow the sub

he's got a svc so just took postive from the sub to the positive on the amp and then same with the negatives. the amp will be running in 4 ohms. and since the amp will over power the sub slighty u should turn the gain down some. what kinda sub?

jl amps have a line of resistors called the RIPS system. the 250/1 will supply 250 watts rms at anywhere from 1.5-4 ohms. The bottom line of the R.I.P.S. system is: Optimum power, at any impedance between 1.5 ohm and 4 ohm per channel, at any vehicle voltage between 11V and 14.5V.

jl amps have a line of resistors called the RIPS system. the 250/1 will supply 250 watts rms at anywhere from 1.5-4 ohms. The bottom line of the R.I.P.S. system is: Optimum power, at any impedance between 1.5 ohm and 4 ohm per channel, at any vehicle voltage between 11V and 14.5V.

Do note that the amount of current that is drawn when the voltage drops increases signifigantly. You need voltage and current to make output. Drop the voltage, you have to raise the amount of current drawn to keep the output the same.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.